Saturday, September 25, 2010

My 1st Critical Mass

For my first Critical Mass I believe my stomach would give me more problems then my bike. Upon arrival I stumble on a few guys wearing their jerseys. Looking at the people already assembled, I wondered if enough people would make it. Even with that thought I was unsure of how much enough people be. I didn't conform to the current cycling fab but neither did a majority of the people here. As more people arrived my level of uncertainty about this venture begun to wane. It felt good being around people that enjoyed cycling as much as I do. Although comparing my bikes to most others they were in better conditions and just plain cool looking.

Twenty-four minutes till showtime. At this time I was starting to wish I had brought my helmet and goggles. Then I started wondering will i be able to keep pace or go the distance with the crowd. For I never had a chance to bike with people that actually go biking. If I can reach 10 miles easily then I will be able to cut the bus out of my commute to my mother's house.

As more anorexic bikes begin to appear, I started to feel as though my utilitarian style bike would not fit in. That was until a guy showed up with full panniers. Not only that he was telling me information about SOPO Bike CO-OP. Little did he know that have already did extensive research on them. Then I realized I needed to take pictures. So I begun my photo assault by randomly asking people can I take their pictures.

I shall finished the tale in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment