Sunday, January 23, 2011

Long Time No Ride

Since the middle of December, I have been chauffeured to school. Getting relaxation and security so that I may be lazy was worth till it ended. Last night I wanted to visit my friends. It was a simple 2 miles, mostly flat. My energy level, and lack of equipment made it to dangerous for me to bike on the road, so this time I stuck to the sidewalk. I know it's dangerous to pedestrians, and all that other hoopla about bikes belong on the street, but that night I would have probably been the cause of several car accidents.

The trip to their home was a cold one, for my gloves were lost when I moved at the beginning of the new year. Also my head and tail lights were still missing. The curbs strained my muscles as I attempted to hop over them. When one pedestrian did appear on the sidewalk, I tried to go onto the grass but slid to a stop almost falling into the street.

Eventually my battle against the cold, dark, night was over and with numb, burning hands, I knocked on their door. With each impact my knuckles stung as if i were banging against needles and thumbtacks. So the second knock was the last and I proceeded to ring the doorbell. Although I made it to my destination, my battle with nature was not over. With my adrenalin pumping I could not fall asleep till 5am. My ride to school was going to meet me 2 miles in the other direction around 12:50pm.


1 comment:

  1. thank you for your words the other day...they mean a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete