A park that was undergoing reconstruction. We had to ditch our bikes, and squeeze through a gap in the fence to get a better idea of what was going on here. My first thought this was going to be the location of the mysterious Atlanta Ferris Wheel, but I was wrong. It's going to be the location of a hidden oasis. A curvy body of water sits at the park's core. Along the side runs a path, that the masers referred to as the beltline. Apparently at a previous critical mass someone biked it, and possibly at the same mass they were caught. I assume one of the Critical Masers(Angel) has ties with the construction of the park since he was the most knowledgeable on It's current situation.
After seeing that side of the park we proceeded to travel to its other end. On that side we found a path where we could bring our bikes in. On that a side a nice maser, who looked the part of a typical hipster, offered to share his smokes with us. We all decline, so more for him. After leaving the park the mass traveled to a neighborhood i was unfamiliar with, which seems to happen every time I ride in Critical Mass. So dropping out the mass here was not an option, if I didn't want to spend my time trying to find the nearest bus stop and hope that the bus was still running. So once again I found myself at the back of the pack along with an older lady. It seemed like this was her first mass, since one of the regulars would drop back and offer her the tips a seasoned commuter should know about. One of which was getting doored, and how to look out/avoid it. Also her bike was like mines with a pair of hybrid shoes on it.
At one point of the mass we found ourselves stuck in traffic in iconic Little Five Points. The people around us looked and said look bicycling gang. A group of people getting out their car to cross the street, right through the middle of Mass. The lady of the group said, "Is the gang of bicycles going to let us through?". Eventually yes we did but following where they were headed I noticed someone I knew. At the stores I saw a girl who I had a crush on in high school working, and a had to choose. Leave the mass to go say hi or stick with the awesomeness that is being part of critical mass. Of course I stuck with the mass, because this is going to be a revolution plus you never know what adventures await during a Critical Mass.
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Sockets-in-Python-Into-the-World-of-Python-Network-Programming/
ReplyDelete